Tuesday, June 7, 2011

KOREAN beats SUMMER!!

Hi:)
It's getting hot and humid. Summer is coming!!!
Do you like summer? I am not good at the hot weather honestly. I feel like melting, but I have one thing what I like to do in the summer
...is eating KOREAN FOOD:)
Do you know that spicy food makes you cool down? When you eat spicy food, you would get sweaty. Sweating is good for our body to make our body temperature sool in the summer. So this is the reason why you and I want to eat something spicy food in the hot weather NATURALY. Did you know that?
In addition to that, while you want to eat something hot, you would feel like eating something mild as well. You might say NO, but there are many mild Korean food!!

So today, I want to introduce some dishes of my favorite KOREAN FOOD.
Please enjoy the food I choose and story of KOREAN FOOD and ME;)

I met Korean food when I was in AUS. One of my best friend was Korean, she knew some delicious Korean restaurant.
PLUS, my share-mates in the shared house were all Korean except me for a period of time. During we lived together, we often cook our own cultural food and did "food exchenge" Although I had never had Korean food because my mom hate eating garlic and kimuch(what a poor :(!!), my share-mates made me lots of Korean and it was the lovely oppotunity of made me a "Korean holic"
So let me introduce some Korean dish now.
Are you ready:)?

Sun-Dub Chige

This is my MOST FAVORITE KOREAN DISH ever!
This is the spicy soup with bean curd and some sea food. My Korean best friend Anny often made me this dish. Oridinally, I couldn't eat spicy food because whenever I eat spicy food, my ears feel itchy! However, I really love her sun-dub chige, so I kept eating it, I overcome my itchy ears!! So Sun-dub chige reminds me my memories with my Korean friend.
I think this dish made me "Korean holic" Whenever I go to Korean restaurant, if I found the sun-dub chige, I would definietely order it. The taste of chige is defferent for each shops.
So if you go to Korean restautant, I recommend you to eat it and find your best!
My best sun-dub chige is Anny's one, of course, but I also like one of "Tokyo Sun-Dub"'s.

Dak-Gal Bee

Have you ever heard "Dak-Gal Bee"?
This is grilled chicken with tangy sause like "teriyaki". I love chicken the best of all kinds of meat. So I was so happy when I found the menu of Korean chicken. As I said, it's tangy, so almost all Japanes would love it! This dish is not so famous in Japan yet, but you'll find it in every Korean restaurant. If you are the person who cannot eat any spicy food, I recommend you to try this. It's not spicy at all! but if you want to make it spicy, Don't worry! sometimes there are red pepper or "kochu-jan"come along with this dish, so you can put them as much as you like;)

Sam Gae Tan

This is also Korean famous dish!!
I guess most of you know this food, but I wonder how many of you guys have actually tried. because it's a bit more expensive compare with other Korean dishes. Maybe this dish require to cook whole chicken. Inside of the chicken, sticky rice and some harbs are stuffed. Then boiled few hours, there will be white soup of chicken.
I had this dish when one of my share-mate made it. I recommend this dish especially for female because Sam gae tan contains lots of "collagen"!! colllagen gives us a glossy and healthy look for our skin!
In addition, I also recommend it if you are hungover!!! This soup is good for our body which are exhausted by alcohol.
If you want eat Sam gae tan cheaper, why don't you go to Korea? You can eat it around only 1000yen.

Chi-zi-mi

Chi-zi-mi is like "okonomi-yaki" in Japanese.
The difference between chi-zi-mi and okonomi-yaki is those sause and cooking method. Compare with okonomi-yaki, chi-zi-mi use much oil and grilled like frying and make it thinner than okonomi-yaki. So chi-zi-mi is more crispy!!!
When we eat okonomi-yaki, we put mayonnaise and tangy sause on it, but in the case of chi-zi-mi, we put soured soy sause.
I love both of chi-zi-mi and okonomiyaki, but I'm now a big fan of chi-zi-mi now!

Pulgogi

I actually have had pulgogi when I went to Korea. So it would be a bit different from pulgogi which you have had in Japan...
this dish is grilled beaf and vegetable. the taste of this dish is tangy, but a bit bitter than Japanese grilled vegetable. It is because of "kochu-jan(kind of Korean miso)" Pulgogi is not as spicy as sun-dub chige, but sometimes people use kochu-jan with pulgogi.
If you have a chance to eat it, please tell me your impression of pulgogi:)

Wow!!Those dishes which I introduced today are actually not spicy except Sun-dub chige! It is little bit diffrent from which I expected on the biggining;)
but I think my introduction of Korean food might be a good oppotunity to know that there are many dishes which are not spicy.

There are more and more Korean food which I love, so If you want to know any other Korean food, ask me!!!
or We can enjoy Korean food together!!
I hope you would be survive with Korean food in this summer;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Yuki,male!
    I'm also not good at summer(~~;)
    But spicy food makes us cool down,,,I've not known it so far!
    Also, I have a stereotype that most of the Korean foods are hot and spicy. But that is not true!
    Recently I've wanted to try Korean but I don't kow what is dericious and which is good restaurant.
    If you have some information about Korean food restaurant you recommend, please tell me!

    ReplyDelete